The aim of this site is to:
- Distribute information quickly
- Uplift & inform the community.
- Promote safety.
- Prevent crime.
- Alert the public of possible security risks.
- Promote the principles of the Franschhoek Valley Transformation Charter
- Security, crime, alerts, assistance to SAPS
- Lost dogs, cats or children
- Any municipal service breakdowns, or major change of operations- water, power, sewerage, refuse
- Helping any person, or group, in genuine need, to find accommodation or dispose of any possession
- Advice of any meetings of importance
- Minutes/report of these meetings
- Any relevant traffic problem
- Anything practical that reinforces the Transformation Charter signed last year, or the new FHK Education Transformation Project.
- Anything that promotes employment or education, or any group or person that is doing something for the Community without making a business or profit from it.
- Any potential property development that will directly affect the rest of us, or the ambiance of the Village, adversely
- Any other issue at the discretion of the administrators not mentioned above.
Flash Info was started by Ron Whytock in 2010.
In January 2013 Monika Vermeulen took over the administration of the Flash Info project from Ron Whytock and started moving the project from a purely mail based server to the Facebook Social media platform. Within a short period of time it was proven that the Facebook page was very effective and had the ability to grow itself beyond the existing database as well as simplify life when it came to posting images.
Users have the option to subscribe via email and set the frequency of the emails they receive and completely bypass Facebook if they so choose. All posts are published via the Blog Page to Facebook.