Based at the Groendal Community and Sports Centre, The Franschhoek Hospitality Academy and Learning Centre (which is an NGO), will be opening its doors in January 2018.
The training programme for 20 students from disadvantaged backgrounds, will extend over a 12 month period. For eight months, mornings will comprise classroom and practical training and the afternoons will be allocated to online, digital training. A four-month internship will then follow to complete the training.
Students will receive training in a wide range of areas including culinary, customer service, front of house, wine, tourism, etc.
- The structuring of the training material
- Conducting the majority of classroom training
- Managing, coordinating and planning all aspects of the programme
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally a recognised qualification in the hospitality industry
- A proven track record of executing and managing all aspects of training in the hospitality industry
- Articulate and enthusiastic with excellent presentation skills
- A desire to be part of an NGO which will contribute to changing the lives of disadvantaged young people in the Franschhoek valley.
A competitive salary will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Applicants should please submit their CVs to Brian Moor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you wish to discuss anything over the phone, his mobile number is 082 891 3105.